- The world’s first airport 24-hour yoga room was opened in San Francisco Terminal 2 in 2012. There is no charge to use the facility.
- Munich airport has modern shower facilities and mobile acupressure massage, medical clinic and massage chairs. The Hilton Munich Airport Fit & Fly spa invites visitors to the 17-meter swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam bath and the fitness center.
- Regal Airport hotel, directly connected to the Hong Kong International Airport by an air-conditioned bridge, offers complimentary spa treatments, a 24/7 gymnasium, Jacuzzi, sauna, indoor swimming pool, steam room, and free dance classes every week Monday to Thursday to stay fit.
- The ultra-modern Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport hotel located just a three-minute walk from the Bangkok airport’s main terminal connected by a 200 meters air-conditioned underground walkway. The hotel has a spa center with traditional Thai and foot massages, jet lag recovery packages for overnight and transit passengers. The leisure facilities include a 25-meter outdoor swimming pool surrounded by tropical gardens, fitness center, Jacuzzi, and sauna.
- Pearson Wellness Centre opened at Pearson International Airport (Toronto) in 2013. Over 10,000 square foot GoodLife fitness area available for $15 per day. The members of a club can use their membership card for access.
- Zurich Airport Fitness & Wellness Club at Radisson Blue hotel offers a vitamin bar, cardio machines and free weights, saunas, hamam (Turkish bath), massages, and beauty spa. Also, group-fitness, power place lessons and medical check-ups are available. The Fitness & Wellness Club can be reached on foot from the airport terminals. T-shirts, shoes and a bath towel are included in the entrance price.
- San Diego, Raleigh-Durham and Albuquerque airports offer meditation rooms for their passengers.
- Dubai International airport’s G-Force Health club located inside the airport itself. Passengers can relax, refresh, and prepare themselves for the next flight of their journeys. Fitness facilities are open 24 hours and offer resistance and cardiovascular machines, a swimming pool, shower facilities, saunas, Jacuzzis, steam rooms, massage rooms, and a highly advanced airport medical center.
- In May 2015 Madrid Barajas airport got two wellness centers that offer passengers healthy food and spa treatments including relaxing massage, deep tissue massage and sensory relaxing massage.
Soon, the airport fitness centers and spas will be an essential venue at every airport due to high passengers’ demand. The airports aim to create an impressive environment, give passengers unique experience, and improve travelers’ comfort and wellbeing.