Seville is the center of Andalusian culture, bullfighting and famous Flamenco dance, modern infrastructure, architectural and artistic heritage sites. The city was the richest city in the world in XV and XVI centuries. Seville is one of the largest historical centers in Europe and the capital of a few festivals such as Semana Santa (Easter Week), Feria de Abril (April Fair of Seville) and Bienal de Flamenco. This charming city amazes visitors with narrow streets, whitewashed buildings, architectural monuments, and local lifestyle.
There is a recommended itinerary for travelers who want to enjoy the very best of Andalusia and stay in Seville.
- Explore Seville. Visit Plaza de España, Royal Maestranza Bullring & its museum, UNESCO world heritage sites attractions Seville Cathedral and Royal Alcazar Palace. Seville Cathedral is the third-largest church in the world. Scientists believe that the Seville Cathedral is the resting place of the remains of Christopher Columbus – the Spanish explorer of the New World.
- Relax after your busy day of sightseeing in Seville. Watch a Flamenco show in one of the city's "tablaos", take Arabian thermal bath, massage or aromatherapy. Enjoy wine and tapas, sitting outside and watching the world go by.
- Visit Casa de Pilatos – the Andalusian palace and residence of the Dukes of Medinaceli. Don’t miss visiting Archivo de las Indias (Indians Archive) - the official archives of the Spanish discovery of the Americas and the history of overseas American colonies.
- Walk through the Santa Cruz - the most picturesque and beautiful part of the city and the heart of Seville, where many restaurants, shops, and bars are located.
- Take Hop-on Hop-off tour and Guadalquivir river cruise.
- Try local cuisine, wine and sea products that are not available anywhere else.
- Travel to Cordoba from Seville (travel time by train 41 min). Cordoba was a strategically important Roman city and an Islamic cultural center in the Middle Ages.
- Discover the tremendous Cordoba Mezquita (cathedral-mosque) –one of the world’s greatest Moorish building.
- Walk through the narrow streets, picturesque squares and flower-filled courtyards of the ancient Jewish quarter.
- Heritage site: Take a Granada day trip from Seville. Travel time by train 3 hrs. Visit magnificent Alhambra and Generalife Gardens – the World Heritage sites.
- Art and museums: Take a tour to Malaga (travel time by train 2 hrs.) – the city of art galleries, museums, and birthplace of Pablo Picasso. The Picasso museum has the largest exhibition of his artist’s work in the world.
- If you like adventure, explore Sierra Nevada National Park. Popular activities in this area are mountain biking, hiking, horse-riding, climbing, skiing, and summer camps. Depending on the snow levels, the ski season runs from the end of November to the end of April. Explore the natural beauty of a variety of caves in Ardales, Nerja, and La Pileta. If you like water sport, there are many activities to choose from water-skiing, surfing, jet-skiing, windsurfing, sailing, snorkeling, diving, and canoeing.