2. The country is the perfect destination for travelers who enjoy nature beauty, culture-lovers, and foodies. 11 UNESCO World Heritage sites, 13 tourist regions, modern and Roman historical architecture, museums, art galleries, theaters, Christmas markets, festivals, cultural events, four diverse cultures of German, Italian, French and Romansh make this country rich of traditions and very unique. Switzerland is a paradise for gourmets. Delicious national cuisines are offered for every taste.
3. There are various types of accommodation for any travelers' budget with welcoming Switzerland's hospitality are available for visitors, such as:
- youth hostels
- group accommodations in dormitories for tourists and groups, club and association houses, mountain refuges and huts agritourism or farm holidays, organized by farmers, and combined in the "Agritourism Switzerland" umbrella
- private rooms (holiday homes and apartments) - the properties which are offered for rental to third parties along with traditional hotels, B&B, and campsites
4. Excelled public transportation connection to travel with comfort. Swiss travel route network of railways, roads, lakes and rivers of 28 382 kilometers with 28 777 stops is one of the finest worldwide. GoldenPass line, Glacier and Bernina express, world-famous scenic train routes, offer visitors the breathtaking scenery along the railways. Travel to Europe's highest mountain train station located at 3454 meter altitude. Waterway transportation covers a network of approximately 1545 kilometers with 148 boats.
5. There are endless opportunities for varieties outdoor activities all year around. The country is the perfect destination for travelers who enjoy adventure travel. The Alps are the main attraction for tourists in Switzerland. SwitzerlandMobility is the national network of non-motorized traffic for leisure and tourism that allows travelers experience Switzerland the active way along the most attractive routes. SwitzerlandMobility links these routes with public transportation and a wide variety of services in the leisure and tourism industry.
Different winter and summer sports, adventurous activities are available to choose from. Summer wellness vacation includes hiking, cycling, golf, rafting, canoeing, bungee jumping, Nordic walking, paragliding, polo, climbing and much more. Two regions in Switzerland guaranty good snow conditions in summer for skiing.
Travel by bicycle and discover the country - its charming historic towns and scenic landscapes. Rent a bicycle from any of 200 rental stations over the country. For winter vacation and activities, there are perfect downhill runs, cross-country ski trails, winter walking paths and toboggan runs for winter activities in more than 200 location.
6. Wellness and spas offered by 9 wellness destination in Switzerland for visitors to unwind, rejuvenate, and relax in the mountains. Switzerland has mineral springs and a century-old spa tradition of medical and wellness treatments. The resorts offer great recreation facilities, restaurants, and spas. Relax after a day of physical activities and enjoy the healing power of thermal and salt water pools, physiotherapy, alternative health treatments, foot reflexology, and a variety of massages. Take your time and get the best of the Switzerland sauna experience.
All of these make Switzerland the ideal destination for family, group and individual travel.