You will be astonished by the Côte d'Azur. The French Riviera has rich and interesting cultural and architectural heritage with Greek, Roman, Italian and Germany influence.
Explore delightful medieval hilltop villages. You can spend hours wandering around the unspoiled villages with their narrow stone-paved streets, old traditional houses, churches, beautiful ancient fountains, shady squares, and boutique craft stores. Most of them are pedestrian only. The villages are very well-preserved medieval architecture and breathtaking views of the French Riviera coast and mountains.
Discover seaside towns that have the most beautiful maritime landscapes in the world. They were transformed from quiet fishing villages and fortified towns to famous resorts, offering the beautiful settings. It is a delight to stroll around and enjoy the narrow streets, colorful picturesque fishermen houses, fine architecture, luxury resorts, sidewalk cafes, and terraced restaurants offering delicious local cuisine. The French Riviera is the major yachting and cruising area. Walk along a waterfront street to see a yacht-strewn haven and beautiful scenery.
French Riviera is waiting to be explored.
Cassis is a small charming fishing town located between Marseille and Toulon. It is a most beautiful place to visit. Frédéric Mistral, the writer, said: “He who has seen Paris and not Cassis has seen nothing.”
- 13th century Castle of Cassis
- Calanques National Park, its magnificent landscapes of limestone cliffs and calanques (rocky inletstake)
- Wine festivals that take place twice per year in the middle of May and end of September
Toulon is a typical Mediterranean ancient city that offers a variety of activities, attractions, museums, and beaches. It is second France’s largest naval port. There is the most beautiful harbor in Europe.
- Fort de Balaguier, Clock tower, Église Saint-Louis and Église Saint-François-de-Paule churches, Sainte-Marie-de-la-Seds cathedral, Fort Saint-Louis, Place de la Liberté, and the Royal Tower
- Take the cable car to Monc Faron to see panoramic views over the Bay of Toulon
- National Museum of the Marine, Historical Museum, Art museums, Memorial Museum, and Opera House.
Saint-Tropez is the most famous resort in Europe and a good place to be year-around. It is an established place for celebrities' recreation. If you are looking for culture and heritage discovery, festivals, local events, museums, sandy beaches, outdoor activities, or just unwind and rejuvenate, Saint-Tropez offers it all.
- Old city, Place des Lices and port
- Citadel, Chapelle Sainte-Anne and Art museums
- Plage de Pampelonne – the 5 km sand beach near Saint-Tropez
The city is known for its annual prestigious film festivals in the world. Cannes also hosts many international events such as festivals, trade shows, Congress’. Cannes is tourist destination due to its history and picturesque Mediterranean surroundings. The full range of accommodations and activities are available.
- Old town, Le Suquet, Église Notre-Dame-de-l’Espérance, and the Castle Museum
- Palais des Festivales and Matisse Museum
- Villa Domergue and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
- La Croisette Promenande, Rue Meynadier and Rue d’Antibes
- Lerins and Saint-Honorat islands
- Grasse town and its unique International Museum of Perfume
Since the end of 18th century, Nice is a famous resort destination due to an exceptionally mild Mediterranean climate with 300 sunshine days per year. Discover a variety of festivals and carnivals, visit one of 15 museums. Relax under tree shade in the park or 7 km beautiful beach along the Promenade des Anglais. For outdoor enthusiasts, there is something to do for everyone.
- Old city, Castle Hill, Nodre-Dame Basilica, and the Promenade des Anglais
- Massena and Ephrussi de Rothschild villas
- Chagall and Matisse museums, Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (MAMAC), Nice Fine Art Museum
- Mediterranean and Lascaris palaces
Eze village nestled 427 meters (1,401 ft.) above the sea level on a narrow rocky peak. This is one of the most pictured places in the French Riviera with a breathtaking view of the Cap Ferrat and Villefranche-sur-Mer bays. The well-preserved median village will amaze you with its cobblestone narrow streets, the old castle and unique garden on the top of the hill. Read more
Monaco is well known for its quality of life, pleasant climate, beautiful beaches, and sunny Mediterranean coast with breathtaking scenery. It is a favorite destination for travelers all over the world. It is unique in so many aspects. There is something to do for everybody. Take full advantage of everything Monaco has to offer. Read more