Capital - George Town. Area – 262 sq. kilometers. Population - 61,787 (October 2017). Currency - the Cayman Islands dollar (KY). The major credit cards are widely accepted. Official language – English. Driving - on the left side.
Weather. The most pleasant Cayman’s weather is during the winter (from the middle of November to April) with temperature 25-26°C. Rainy season – from May to November. The showers are often short. Hurricane season – from June 1 to November 30.
Reasons to visit:
1. The beaches. The stunning Seven Mile Beach with white powdery sand, palms trees, Australian pines, and crystal clear water considered as a most popular. Shallow and calm water is a real paradise for kids. Caymans’ beaches offer a variety of delicious food and drinks. Plenty of watersport equipment, umbrellas, and beach chairs are available for rent. The beaches are great to take a walk, chill and relax.
2. Accommodations. The Cayman Islands have a diversity of unique properties to choose from to suit every guest needs and budget - luxury villas, all-inclusive resorts, hotels, private homes, and condos with breathtaking scenery, comfort, and relaxation. They are located within walking distance or short drive to many local restaurants, grocery stores, beaches, and attractions.
3. Family-friendly. There are a great kid's friendly resorts that offer the whole family activities, babysitting, day camps and water programs. Bring the kids for a Pirate adventure on an authentic pirate ship. Visit Cayman Turtle Farm, Cayman Motor museum to see 80 awesome cars that provide a historical tour of motoring throughout the world, and swim with the dolphins or stingrays. Have fun together at Starfish Cay waterpark. Take a Submarine tour to experience the marine life without getting wet.
4. It is a scuba divers’ paradise for divers of every level and interest! The Cayman Islands are one of the top diving destination due to calm clear warm water (27-30°C) with visibility of 30+ meters, coral reefs, variety of marine life, shipwrecks, dramatic vertical walls, and 365 dive sites. 40 dive operators provide scuba courses, scuba gear, snorkeling equipment, and dive trips.
6. Health and Wellness. The Cayman Islands are an ideal destination where you can relax, renew and rejuvenate your mind, soul, and body. Several wellness centers, spas, yoga studious, and gyms offer many health and wellness options.
7. Culinary. The Cayman Islands are well-known as a Culinary Capital of the Caribbean with over 200 restaurants and cafes serving delicious food and drinks. Many amazing choices of dining for every budget - international and Caribbean cuisine. Caymanians celebrate the food and wine at their annual festival Cayman Cookout where the best chefs around the world gathering together.
8. Heritage. The Cayman Islands are more than just a sun, sea, and beach destination. There are many museums and historical sites that let you discover the unique heritage, rich history, and vibrant culture. The Caymanians have many cultural and sports events each year. The Cayman Art, Batabano Carnival, International Underwater Film Festival, Pirates Week Festival just some of them.
9. Nature. Cayman is world-renowned for its marine life. There are also over 200 species of birds and 650 different species of plants have been recorded in the Cayman Islands. The best places to see the flora and fauna are the Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park, the Booby Pond Nature Reserve, and the Mastic Trail. Explore Cayman Crystal Caves and the bioluminescence unique phenomenon that appears in only a few places around the world.
10. Shopping. The Cayman Islands are a duty-free and tax-exempt destination. Shop and save up to 30%! There are several shopping malls with a good variety of shops to buy cameras, jewelry, watches, artwork, books, toys, clothing, household accessories, and souvenirs.
Hawaii: Health and Wellness Destination